[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Jan 21 20:10:01 EST 2014

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Elizabeta S⌀resen wrote:

> While I understand the need for a photography policy I think doing
> something like this could discourage some of candid shots taken by the
> community.

I suppose then that it becomes a question of which need is greater - the
need to be able to relax and enjoy one's self, or the need to obtain
compromising photographs.

And, I wonder at the protections for vulnerable people, such as victims
of domestic violence and domestic custody disputes, or victims of
stalkers and other malicious acts, who maybe want to attend events, but
are precluded on the basis that their presence will be revealed whether
they like it or not.

Once again, as I mentioned previously, I believe that it relates to
courtesy and respect, and the degree to which we believe these should be
shown to people.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale