[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Tue Jan 21 13:11:05 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 12:34 +1100, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> Just playing the devil's advocate here: "I want to see photos and want
> to be photographed myself, and I am next to the person who does *not*
> want this".

I try to take a photo of you both.  Mr Introvert says "please don't".
Mr Extrovert says "please do".  Are you telling me you can't suggest a
compromise that everyone would likely find acceptable?

To me, this is the entire point of the exercise.  Are a volunteer group
that shares common interests.  We are strong because we *want* to work
together.  If a conflict comes up, surely it is better encourage the
parties to negotiate a compromise that is acceptable to all involved.

Or to put it another way, polite, reasoned negotiation is the
lubrication that makes open source work.  LA conferences are a good a
place as any to learn the skills.