[Linux-aus] Fwd: [LACTTE] Linux Australia and the OIN community

Andrew Pam xanni at glasswings.com.au
Fri Oct 18 11:14:17 EST 2013

I am opposed to software patents on principle, but I am also a member of
OIN because I believe that it is possible to take practical action with
immediate benefits in parallel with longer-term action, even when the
longer-term action would ultimately make the immediate action moot.  The
major question for me is what LA would achieve by joining OIN as LA does
not have any patents and barely produces any software in its own right.
Individual LA members, of course, may want to consider the merits of
joining OIN.

Regards,
     Andrew

--