[Linux-aus] Should we change? Yes. To change is to grow.

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Apr 29 02:03:44 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 01:04 +0930, David Lloyd wrote:
> "I'll provide you with my insurance for free and then you tell me to
> change my legal name." You look in your own mirror  before you try to
> see my vision in mine.

More than half the people on the current committee have been actively,
intimately involved in running linux.conf.au. They are all obviously
involved in the day to day administrivia of keeping this organisation
ticking, with a budget of around a million dollars with no paid staff at
all, and recently met for a rare face to face meeting.

I wasn't there, I wasn't part of that, I had no part in making this call
to change the name.

John Ferlito, current president, and core team member of LCA07 has
raised this question. Not me, not Chris.  We've just offered examples of
why we should think about it.

The others..
Peter Lieverdink - LCA08
Josh Hesketh - LCA09
Clinton Roy - LCA11
Mike Carden - LCA13

which leaves
Bianca Gibson - also an active member of free software melbourne
Jamez Polley - former president of SLUG.

So - I'm not sure how turning the mirror back on me is actually useful.

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au