[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Apr 22 21:31:18 EST 2012

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> The name is well known and respected for this reason.
>
> I'm   -1    for any name change.

The original message said "We also don't intend to relinquish the Linux
Australia brand".  It seems to me that the aim is to transition to a new
parent body that oversees an organisation called "Linux Australia" which is
focussed on Linux as well as other computing liberty organisations.

I'm thinking of something like the way SLUG became a LA sub-committee.  They
still do all the SLUG stuff and call themself SLUG.  People who aren't really
involved in the Linux world in Australia wouldn't even know the difference.