[Linux-aus] Gold Coast TechSpace (revised - revised) Grant Application

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 6 21:42:40 EST 2012

Hi everybody!
  FWIW I support this request. I do tend to turn up at the techspace
from time to time. Maybe folks will think this biases me toward
supporting the request, maybe not.

  I think it is good that OLPC machines are there, as well as arduino
and other non white box stuff to offer some variety. As a software guy I
look forward to talks like the upcoming arduino RFID one at techspace.
It has been fun building some arduino stuff of my own recently.

  I would encourage techspace to perhaps consider ARM machines for some
diversity, like the upcoming cubox:
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox

  If we are showing folks Linux, we might as well show off the ability
to do things with <10W and open source, even if there is only one such
device there for folks to tinker with.

sync && umount evolution;