[Linux-aus] Eliminating fees from the constitution?

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Tue May 3 09:15:01 EST 2011

I'd say we should avoid having to make further changes to the
constitution in the future as much as possible because it's a painful
process and IIUC it also costs us something to register it with the
Dept of Fair Trading. So, I'd prefer if the option for membership fees
remains in the constitution in the way it currently is. Remember that
the constitution is there to give the organization a framework to work
within. How it actually works should be worked out within the
decisions taken between council and the community and it doesn't make
sense to limit that where it's not necessary.

Cheers,
Silvia.