[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Australia support it?

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Fri Feb 25 14:30:42 EST 2011

Russell,

So, consequentually, you are saying that every year's LCA should ask
that charity that it is intending to give money to during from the LCA
dinner activities to put in a grant application for that money.

People, how often do we have to repeat ourselves: it is not a grant
application - it is a donation!

Yes, we could have a process in place within LA to decide on when a
donation is adequate. That would then probably also apply to the
donations executed during LCA, which are substantially higher than
this one.

But as it stands, there is no process in place and they did nothing wrong.

Regards,
Silvia.