[Linux-aus] Designated Photography Space at LCA?

Andrew Pam xanni at glasswings.com.au
Sun Feb 20 18:09:14 EST 2011

On 20/02/11 17:49, Melissa Draper wrote:
> People don't become public property because they walk out their front
> door.

No, but they are "in public" once they walk out their front door and can
be photographed by anyone any time, although commercial use would
normally require a release.  I support the right of people who are not
"public figures" to choose not to have their identity linked to
published images and to refuse permission to have their image taken, but
I don't think it's a good idea to make photography opt-in.  I do support
mechanisms to assist people in opting out if they so choose.

Andrew
--
mailto:xanni at xanadu.net                   Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/                 Chief Scientist, Xanadu