[Linux-aus] Google Linux OS coming..

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:49:30 EST 2009

2009/7/15 Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Senectus . wrote:
>
> No, actually, the blocking was not able to be bypassed like that.

Are you telling me that if I opened up a text based browser in a shell, I
wouldn't be able to access your web site ? (when "Google" are blocking your
site)
I don't believe it.
I'd _love_ to see what message would be displayed!

> But then, for a person who is not willing to use their real name; who hides
> behind a pseudonym, and, who is clearly signed up with google, I would not
> expect for you to have read, and fairly considered, all of the relevant
> information that has so far been put, regarding this issue.

:-) It's been a long standing practice for me to do that... It makes it
harder to be target by phishers, spammer and scammers. (via scripts and
scrapers)
I don't put much effort into hiding who I am and in fact I have met you
twice at PLUG events. I just prefer not to make it too easy.
I do use google services, but am in no way shape or form employed by them.
In fact I work for a mining company in Perth.
I do have a healthy respect for the power we give them but believe that with
care I can mitigate most of it.
Having said that too any people in this world think owning or using a
computer is a right and should have to have no responsibility for their
actions while owning or using them.