[Linux-aus] Linux Radio help

Terry Dawson tjd at animats.net
Thu Dec 17 14:58:52 EST 2009

Jack McCaw wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I have been approached about a project that I am after some advice on...
>
> Situation is a series of UHF radio repeaters used by a volunteer rescue group need to be linked back to a central command centre in Sydney, via ADSL. That is, when someone speaks over one of the repeaters it is captured, and streamed to Sydney. The ability to talk back to a particular repeater is also desired.
>
> I am thinking minimal linux install, using something like Asterix, and treating it as a large, not always on conference call. 50 repeaters are scattered all over the state.
>
> Suggestions, ideas, most welcome. The budget for this is... welll tiny...

Jack,

I recognise you from aus.radio.broadcast, no?

Have you looked at the Internet Repeater Linking Project (IRLP)??

	http://www.irlp.net/

It is a Linux-based solution utilised by Amateur Radio operators around
the world for precisely this purpose.

It might be re-purposed to suit your requirements.

regards
Terry