[Linux-aus] linux-aus Digest, Vol 12, Issue 4

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Fri Mar 7 06:31:22 UTC 2008

> Does anyone on this list work in a company that provides OpenOffice.org
> to its customers? If so, I'd jump on this response as an open invitation
> and approach Monash IT with a request to have your product promoted to
> students for $0.

Sun?  Or why not Linux Australia?

> Monash then have two options: they either agree to promote it, or they
> refuse. If they promote it, great! Job done. If they refuse, it provides
> an opportunity to ask them to explain the nature of the relationship
> with Microsoft that "allows" them to promote Microsoft products while
> refusing to do the same thing for other companies.

Noting here that universities need to adhere to strict competitive
neutrality guidelines.

Also noting that OpenOffice.org is hosted on the AARNet mirror, so
the distribution cost to universities is $0.

--
Glen Turner   <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>
Tel: 0416 295 857 or +61 416 295 857