[Linux-aus] LUG Videoing Grants Proposal

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:07:49 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

There are a whole lot of impossibilities in your request, and I'm not even
going to try explaining why.

However, I believe all that you are really asking for is for Ogg Theora
files to be embedded in Web pages and to be embeddable in blogs. This
exists.

If you go to
http://www.annodex.org/events/lca2008_mmm/pmwiki.php/Main/Schedule you will
find the videos of the LCA Multimedia miniconf embedded in the page (it's
running pmwiki). It is using a "video" tag that is about to be standardised
in HTML5 and a javascript library called mv_embed (
http://metavid.ucsc.edu/blog/2008/01/29/mv_embed-6/) which was just added to
the wiki to make the embed work. If you click on the buttons around the
keyframe, you will see the functionality. The bottom right enables you to
copy a embed tag into your blog.

Might this be the best and most open source conformant solution to your
problem? (Since it's just about impossible that we will see Ogg Theora any
time soon work inside flash).

Cheers,
Silvia.