[Linux-aus] LUG Videoing Grants Proposal

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Fri Feb 8 13:48:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Okay, so collating the responses so far, it sounds like the following
> might make sense:
>
>  - LUGs [0] apply to the LA council for a grant to make improve their
>    ability to record/publish talks
>
>  - They include a list of at least one talk each month between March and
>    June that they've already got scheduled, with a speaker and a venue,
>    that they'll attempt to record and publish

This might be a problem. I know that SLUG more often than not get their talks
confirmed within weeks of the meeting. Hopefully other LUGs are able to
reliably plan ahead.

> [0] Where the L in LUG stands for anything compatible with Linux
>     Australia, eg "Unix" or "GNU" or "Perl" or whatnot; and might include
>     collaborations between user groups, eg a MySQL and PostgreSQL
>     usergroup getting together

Would it be worth asking for groups in a similar area to share the equipment
granted by LA?

I have no qualms with the rest of the proposal :)

--
"Microsoft has some of the smartest people in the world, but they are just
crushing them. You have a largely unhappy population."