[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Feb 6 21:16:15 UTC 2008

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> If at all possible, I would urge you to support and publish in open
> formats, in particular Ogg Theora.
> I don't have anything against YouTube, but I would use it as the
> "backup" rather than the main means of publishing.

(Note my possible bias about YouTube).

I think the YouTube content is likely to been found by a different group
of people as well. The audiences for YouTube and the LA mirror are quite
different... YouTube is more likely to get casual visitors I would think...

I think putting content on both is extremely reasonable.

Mikal