[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Wed Feb 6 00:01:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 09:45 +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:

> I am one of the three people on the mirror team, I know we have a mechanism
> in place for any LUG who wants to directly upload content. James Purser was
> doing this for the SLUG stuff. It is not rocket science, just ftp.
>
> 	See You
> 	    Steve

Just to clarify :)

I was given ftp access to upload the Linux Australia Update rather than
the SLUG videos, which I believe was Chris (I can't believe I've
forgotten his last name) from SLUG who was handling the SLUG videos.

As far as I am aware there has never been a policy of blocking LUG
uploads to the mirror, that would be counter productive in the least,
and against the whole purpose of having the mirror in the first place.

What there might have been is a mis communication, or a lack of
promotion of the mirror and it's purpose, this can be cleared up pretty
quickly.
--
James Purser <james at jamespurser.com.au>