[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 06:11:07 UTC 2008

Actually, there is a difference between LCA and LUG recordings and I would
not recommend the same gear for both.

LCA has to cope with a lot of video at one particular time, has to create a
high throughput and thus has to decouple activities between the different
stages in the production process as best as possible. The DVD recorders do
this very well.

In contrast, a LUG has to cope with one recording a night and has probably
got 4 weeks until the next recording, so massive time to work with the
camera. Thus, a hard disk recording camera is much better for that
situation.

Regards,
Silvia.