[Linux-aus] recommended scanner

Novensiles divi Flamen noven at sincorp.org
Tue Mar 20 09:53:18 UTC 2007

I'm wondering if any graphic arts types could recommend a good scanner with
full linux support. I've found a few pages that list whether scanners work
well under linux or not, but the list of completely supported scanners
doesn't give me much indication of the other traits such as quality,
reliability, longevity etc.

It's for my wife who is currently taking a bachelor in Fine Arts, so high
quality (1200 dpi?) is important, it has to be flatbed and I think A3 size
would be very useful. Any experiences or recommendations would be greatly
appreciated.

- Noven