Re: [Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Janet Hawtin wrote:
Brenda Aynsley wrote:

I dont know who janet was with from acs at the meeting yesteday in adelaide, I certainly wasnt there and I am the chairman in SA.

Oh for crying out loud perhaps ask your members?
I guess then that an accredited ACS membership is no guarantee of
sound advice or information even on ACS projects?
Perhaps you need *more* control?
But then the point is what is wrong with your accredited members
at a public meeting, which was specifically called to gain input and perspectives from the NGO sector about their ideas on these issues?
Certainly I gave mine as an individual and participant in the sector.
Perhaps the meeting was supposed to be a broadcast only event.
FWIW the presenter was the person who suggested that the brokering of NGO IT was only the beginning and that the model was expected to expand to other sectors.

"The Adelaide public meeting will be held at 3pm on Thursday 28
September, at the Disability Information and Resource Centre (DIRC), 195
Gilles St, Adelaide. "

the meeting that janet attended was this one I assume.

I am in melbourne and couldnt attend, anyone who did attend from acs was not speaking for acs at that meeting.

as janet says she gave her personal opinions and I guess whoever it was at the meeting also gave theirs.

It was a meeting for the not for profit sector and to gather views from the not for profit sector, i dont believe that the ACS had an official place at that meeting, certainly no one on the organising committee asked for ACS to send a representative in any organisational way, I was invited to attend because I am known to be supportive of ICT in the ngo sector and on the regular mailing list for the convening authority.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/

The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. Visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm to see how.

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/