Re: [Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Janet Hawtin wrote:

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:49:54 +0930
From: Janet Hawtin <lucychili@gmail.com>
To: Linux Australia <linux-aus@lists.linux.org.au>,
    LinuxSA <linuxsa@linuxsa.org.au>, Bettong@googlegroups.com,
    robert@air-stream.org
Subject: [Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory
    accreditation

Hi folks

Check out this week's LocalFoss by the Purser team.
This episode we talk with Mark Lloyd from the Australian Computer
Society on their plans for a mandatory registration system, similar to
that of doctors and laywers.
We try to find out how this is going to affect the FOSS community.
We also speak with Melissa Draper from team ubuntu-au, one of the more
successful Ubuntu LoCo teams. Apologies for the sound quality during
Melissa's interview.

http://localfoss.org/

Can you provide a URL for a web page that explains the plans of the ACS, to have "a mandatory registration system"?

It sounds a bit like Pandora and her wooden receptable, wich was not securely closed.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."