Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

On 9/16/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> wrote:
<quote who="Michael Davies">

> Let's not change our conference or Linux Australia.  Both work as they
> currently are.  Invite over those who believe in our ideals, but let's not
> change our ideals just for more membership numbers.

I totally agree, and that is part of the basis of my suggestion: We should
change the names to better communicate and match our ideals.

As Tim suggested, let's not underestimate the "brand loyalty" that we've got invested in the terms "linux.conf.au" and "Linux Australia". Starting again from scratch without tangible benefit seems a bit of a backward step. -- Michael Davies "Do what you think is interesting, do mailto:michael@msdavies.net something that you think is fun and http://michaeldavies.org worthwhile, because otherwise you won't do it well anyway." -- Brian Kernighan