Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Michael Still">

Agreed. You haven't addressed whether those people should have events of their own though, instead of being shoe horned into LCA.

In some cases, they're already *at* linux.conf.au (GNOME, PostgreSQL, some coverage of Free Culture issues, etc), but then we've also "segmented the market" (eek) with OSDC for web/script stuff and LWE/CeBIT for business. I don't think linux.conf.au can be everything to everyone it already serves either, so I forsee further hatchlings spawning from the main conference.

There haven't been any examples (that I can think of) of mini-confs which have spun off into their own events though. Is that because such events need more support, or because they're not big enough for that?

Mikal