[Linux-aus] A speech by AG Ruddock "No Fair Use For You!"
lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Sep 6 14:45:02 UTC 2006
> This is the most frustrating point. Its like punching fog, you can see
> vague shapes but you can't land any solid blows.
It's classical "conquer and divide" behaviour.
It goes like this:
1. I'm going to do something
2. It's controversial but I won't really tell you exactly what I'm going
3. You can all fight with each other and if I think that by telling you
more will make you in-fight more I will
4. Also, I'm going to gather the arguments you have against what I want
5. Noticing the way you're infighting and the arguments you'll probably
use against me, I'll now tell you exactly what I'm going to do
6. Incidentally, I'll give you a ridiculously short amount of time to
7. If you complain I haven't given enough time, what about all that
time taken in (1, 2, 3 and 4)
So, I can claim I have consulted you (huh, my partial explanations do so
fit what I'm actually going to do), you're all fighting each other and
my supporters have already marshalled arguments against you in case you
haven't all confused yourselves totally already.
Also, this means that people only partially interested in what I want to
do get bored by you arguing about it all the time...
More information about the linux-aus