[Linux-aus] A speech by AG Ruddock "No Fair Use For You!"

Kimberlee Weatherall k.weatherall at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 6 14:30:03 UTC 2006

That is, arguably, the strategy.
But don't worry: apparently, over the next month we are going to see ALL the
legislation.  The TPM bit is just the beginning: we will also see:
- over 80 pages of draft legislation on criminal enforcement issues; and
- the fair use stuff

ALL of which will be wrapped up in a bill to go to the Senate Legal and
Constitutional Affairs Committee - in October.  Then the bill will pass this
year.

At that stage it won't be punching fog.  It will be punching the termite in
a termite nest - while you're punching one bit, another bit will bite you in
the ...

Kim