[Linux-aus] Linux Trademark

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Thu Sep 15 20:11:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-15-09 at 19:12 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> So, the question is where to go from here.

Needless to say the reaction all round the Committee this week has been
"WTF?" My gut reaction is the same that Jeff's was - "we should continue
to pursue it"! But Jeremy's warning does give me pause. I've run into
the intransigence of the trademark people before.

So my question is *how* do we pursue it *effectively*?

Given that all of us had the same reaction (ie, we were gob-smacked by
the examiner's views), I suspect that continuing to argue with this
person won't do much for us. I could be wrong, but if not, it would seem
to imply escalating to the appeal level.

That's really all I have to contribute at this point. I look forward to
any comments that Kim Weatherall might be able to offer, especially
about whether arguing further with this fellow is likely to get us
anywhere.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Managing Director

Australia: Office 02 9977 6866, Mobile 04 1079 6725

Management Consultants specializing in strategy,
organizational architecture, procedures to survive
change, and performance hardening for the people
and systems behind the mission critical enterprise.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/