[Linux-aus] Research Project

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Nov 25 12:57:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 07:52, Pia Smith wrote:
> I guess I see the worth here in that we have serious
> lawyers/intellectuals/industry types doing a proper independent
> investigation into the existing IP systems. When LA talk, what we say is
> taken very much with a grain of salt. [snip]

We (the ctte) perceive the whole copyright and software patents issues
to be very important to our community and we are doing our best to make
sure we act in the interests of our members.

However, if you don't think we're doing the right thing, or if you think
we should be doing things differently - NOW IS THE TIME TO SPEAK UP!
Debate and discussion is good.

Also, if you think we're rocking on - say so, it gives us a warm fuzzy
feeling - and no, i'm not talking about monitor static.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia