[Linux-aus] affiliation?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Mar 31 17:26:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 22:10, Del wrote:
> Does Linux Australia or the OSIA or www.opensource.org.au have any
> formal affiliation rules, process, or similar?  It would be nice to

OSIA is currently in the process of drawing up such rules and getting
the workings of the organisation all written down and sorted out - so
now is probably a good time to voice your opinion to them.

LA runs opensource.org.au purely as a 'portal' (yes, we know that word
is overused and has negative connotations) - we are currently in the
process of working out any legal issues in regard to affiliation whilst
drawing up a policy. Suggestions and input are always welcome.

> have a full list somewhere of the Open Source groups of various
> sorts (and they appear to be popping up) listed somewhere, with a
> process in place for new ones to join.

We've got a usergroups listing on linux.org.au, but with luck we'll get
a cool group tracking page up that will deal both with linux user groups
(for linux.org.au) and work for opensource.org.au as well. Anybody
wishing to donate some web hacking time for this would be strongly
encouraged to do so (and they should mail me about it)

> One that has just occurred to me that appears to have slipped through
> the cracks is SYD::PHP, although I suspect that there are other
> similar developer/user groups out there that haven't bumbled into
> us yet.

If you could contact them and ask them to mail me details (similar to
what's there for other user groups) i'd be happy to add them. i'm just a
bit busy with some other LA business to do this now :)
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia