[Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] MEDIA RELEASE: Open Source Industry Australia - National Body Launched

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Mar 1 21:08:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 20:58, Del wrote:
> Are there any plans to associate / form a working agreement / affiliate
> the organisations in any way?  Although I see LA as for the users and
> the LUGs for the LUs, and linux.conf.au for the linux.conf'ers, it'd
> be good to have some kind of working agreement covering things like
> media relations, trade show relations, etc.

Nothing in writing - but we do keep a *lot* of contact with each other,
and have good understanding about where each group is heading. Maybe in
the future we'll want to write something down, but currently I think
there isn't a need.

> The topic of installfests and/or commercial Linux trade shows has been
> bantered about the community again (I just posted to the SLUG activities
> list on it).  Is this something that LA and OSIA can work together on?

most likely - but unlikely about installfests as linux (bar debian) is
so easy for newbies to install anyway, the need for them is dropping.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia