[Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] MEDIA RELEASE: Open Source Industry Australia - National Body Launched

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Mar 1 21:08:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 20:58, Del wrote:
> Are there any plans to associate / form a working agreement / affiliate
> the organisations in any way?  Although I see LA as for the users and
> the LUGs for the LUs, and linux.conf.au for the linux.conf'ers, it'd
> be good to have some kind of working agreement covering things like
> media relations, trade show relations, etc.

Nothing in writing - but we do keep a *lot* of contact with each other,
and have good understanding about where each group is heading. Maybe in
the future we'll want to write something down, but currently I think
there isn't a need.

> The topic of installfests and/or commercial Linux trade shows has been
> bantered about the community again (I just posted to the SLUG activities
> list on it).  Is this something that LA and OSIA can work together on?

most likely - but unlikely about installfests as linux (bar debian) is
so easy for newbies to install anyway, the need for them is dropping.
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia