[Linux-aus] Australia wide installfest this month?

Sarah Bolderoff sarah at cs.unisa.edu.au
Thu Aug 30 16:29:21 UTC 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, James Bromberger wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:15:59AM +0000, michaeld at senet.com.au wrote:
> > Kim Oldfield wrote:
> > > A while back there was talk of having an Australia wide installfest on
> > > August 25. Which LUGs are having an installfest on this date?
> >
> > LinuxSA here in Adealide is definately heving one.  See
> > http://www.linuxsa.org.au/installfest for details.

Yes we did :)

> How did everyone go? JDub: nice comment in australianit.com.au and todays
> printed version. Any mentions elsewhere? How did the picnic in Sydney go?

The LinuxSA installFest went well (despite the fact that it was pissing
down rain).  We had 87 people register on the website before the event,
however we only did 42 installations on the day.  I estimate that we had
about 150 - 200 people turn up to the event.  The weather put a bit of a
"dampener" on the event.

The photos are at: www.linuxsa.org.au/meetings/installfest2001-images/

There is an excellent picture of Greg Lehey (of FreeBSD fame) decapitating
Tux:  http://www.linuxsa.org.au/meetings/installfest2001-images/img_0523.jpg

Sarah Bolderoff

--
Systems Administrator                            +61 8 8302 3033
School of Computer and Information Science       Room F2-65, Levels Campus