[Lias] US Government recommendation about OS diversity?

summer at herakles.homelinux.org summer at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 27 18:24:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Paul Gear wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a copy of the US government
> (maybe department of energy?) recommendation that came out in the last
> year or two that suggested that no more than one third of all
> workstations should run a single operating system.  It was on the tail
> of one of the big Windows worms which took down major infrastructure.

ubuntu-users would be a good list to ask on; lotsa people and you're
bound to attract the eye of one or more Canonical folk such as Matt
Zimmerman who have a special interest in such business opportunities.

Speaking of Ubuntu, the April 2005 (Hoary Hedgehog) is available right
now, and you can even get it on CD free of charge.

In addition to Ubuntu there's now Kubuntu - Ubuntu done with KDE 3.4 rather
than Gnome 2.10.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield.