[Lias] LTSP4 and ISA Cards

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jun 16 21:51:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:25, Simon Bryan wrote:

> 1. Can't find DHCP server - it is running and serving the PCI cards on the
> same segment.
>
> 2. 'NFS: server 192.168.0.1 not responding' just before the X server cuts in.
>

> To confound me even further I put a Realtek card into one of the systems
> that had the ISA card and now it can't find the DHCP server either.
>
> Any clues appreciated

I'm using LTSP4 without problems here, but all my machines are eepro/100
based and most are using etherboot over PXE. Amusingly, the cards are
worth considerably more than the PCs they're installed in.

The first thing I'd try in your situation is hook up a laptop to a port
on the switch and set the switch to mirror all traffic to that port -
assuming you have a managed switch, of course. Failing that, I'd try
tcpdump on the server interface to see if it's ever seeing the requests
and if it's replying to them.

--
Craig Ringer