[Lias] LTSP4 and ISA Cards

Simon Bryan simon.bryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 11:35:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have upgraded our LTSP system to run on FC2 and LTSP4 - there were some
hiccups along the way (RTFM!). However I have hit something I can't
resolve.

All the systems that use PCI Cards (all Realtek 3139 and 8029) work fine.
Those using ISA Cards and the eepro driver fail at one of two points:

1. Can't find DHCP server - it is running and serving the PCI cards on the
same segment.

2. 'NFS: server 192.168.0.1 not responding' just before the X server cuts in.

To confound me even further I put a Realtek card into one of the systems
that had the ISA card and now it can't find the DHCP server either.

Any clues appreciated

--
Simon Bryan
IT Manager