[Lias] Red Hat substitutes

Ken Yap ken at etherboot.org
Thu Jan 1 10:07:01 UTC 2004

>~~~~~~~~~~~
>The above problems reminded me very much of my experiences installing
>ygassdril/slackware linux distro's in the early to mid nineties :)

I do wish the Knoppix installer could be integrated into Debian somehow.
It shows what can be done with a good installer.

I'm about to delve into Debian again, after doing Slackware, for the
learning experience (swotting for LPI). I still have the scars from
tangling with dselect from Debian 2 way back. Mostly brain damage due to
boredom while it recomputed all dependencies.

I have to agree that Debian is ok if you have an in-house expert who can
get everything to work and keep it working, using apt.

Looking forward to your reviews of Fedora/White Box, etc. What about
MDK, are you going to review that?