[Lias] pam_mount for smb homedir mounting

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sat Sep 20 08:25:02 UTC 2003

Heh,

> > I ran into this the other day, and remembered that a number of people
> > on [lias] were looking for ways to mount SMB homedirectories in a
> > sensible way. This looks like the way to go: mount them when the user
> > logs in, using the credentials they give at login.
> >
> > http://www.flyn.org/projects/pam_mount/
>
> Yes, that is a reasonably good module, with a few caveats:
>
>  1) The users must exist such that a call to the system call "getpwent"
>     actually returns something
>
> I am working on addressing this problem.

Well I have a proof of concept up; it's likely to do weird things but it
appeears to work.

To get it:

% export CVS_RSH="ssh"
% cvs -d :ext:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvshome/pamsmb login
% cvs -d :ext:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvshome/pamsmb checkout \
  pam_smb -r DSL_STABLE

...then go into the directory created.

Then:

% ./configure
% cvs update

(you need the second update because I can't quite get the autoconf tools
to behave themselves)

DSL

--
There are no other guests, just you and me...
 I'm in love with, surely you know that?