[Lias] CD Server

Simon Bryan sbryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 11 14:08:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,
Recently we have been having trouble with our CD-Tower, this is the type where you
create an image on the HDD and then run it from there, both the software that is
runing from the CD and the local computer believe they are talking to a CD drive.

Before I go and spend huge amounts of money to replace this system I was wondering
if anyone knows of an OS system that could be used. Would need to cope with data and
software CD's for Windows workstations (using SAMBA?).

Cheers