[Lias] win2k clients slow to login to RH samba pdc

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Wed Sep 10 11:52:01 UTC 2003

Hi Nick,

Is there any chance your roaming profiles are full of Temporary Internet
Files?  Since IE cleverly* sized cache files by percentage of disk space,
it's become even more necessary to exclude this directory from the roaming
process.  I've seen profiles consume as much as 300-400MB in cache files,
being transferred every logon/off.

Andrew

*actually not very clever :)