[Lias] recipients Was: (no subject)

ken_yap at users.sourceforge.net ken_yap at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 11:52:02 UTC 2003

>Can I just say that when you click reply to a post on this forum, it replies
>to the originator of the post and NOT the list. This is a problem as lots of
>advice is lost to the whole community. Can this be changed to default the
>reply to the list?

No, the accumulated wisdom on mailing lists is that once in a while a
reply that was meant to be private will get sent to the list by accident
and embarrass the participants. Or worse.

Either the OP should set a Reply-To:, as I normally do, or the responder
should edit the destinations. In any case I always check the
destinations before I hit send, everyone should. And please check your
Subject: line too.