[Lias] Thanks for help re Proxy

Gary Reynolds gary at touch.asn.au
Thu Mar 27 04:45:01 UTC 2003

Since the operating system handles all disk IO, it's not like squid can
just go trying to write off the end if the partition or anything like that.

Squid will make a filesystem call, and the OS will return an error code.
 First year university students know how to check these codes, I doubt
that a package like squid wouldn't pay attention to them.

More than likely the disk is faulty, plain and simple. I would be
looking into adding a new drive, salvaging your data, and getting rid of
the old one (depending on how critical your data on that disk is).

G.