[Lias] Thanks for help re Proxy

Ian Johnson vk4kij at deadrelos.com
Wed Mar 26 20:29:01 UTC 2003

I've found, some time ago so it may not be that relevent now, that you
can't trust the squid cache when it's not in a partition all by itself.

It seemed to me that squid didn't check the actual free space of the file
system, & believed what was in it's config file, ie. you gave it 1GB of
space to use, even though only 900MB are left on the file system.

I have a couple dozen squid proxies scattered around, all with a cache
partition & have had no problems.