[Lias] FYI: Apache Directory Directives - Sub-dir override

Tom Doyle tom at stvincents.nsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 11:20:02 UTC 2003

I solved it!

I need to add:

Satisfy All to the end of my <Directory> directive for sport.

Cheers,
Tom.
    Hi all,

    Another week another challenge...

    I have setup password protection on our apache server, using mod_auth_pam. It works!

    I have set it at the root "/" level which applies to all sub-directories.
    I am trying to overwrite this so that a particular directory is not prompted for a password. It still asks for a password however after making the following changes to httpd.conf:

    <Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
            AuthType Basic
            AuthName "St Vincent's College Intranet"
            require valid-user
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/sport">
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    Can anyone see a problem with this. Your expertise is appreciated...

    Cheers,
    Tom.