[Lias] ads laid out in Word

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sat Apr 26 21:44:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:41, Craig Ringer wrote:
> However, cusomers can lay out an ad on screen and it looks
> good for them - so clearly, we can print it perfectly in a newspaper
> right? *arrggh*.

I have another print customer whose own customers present stuff laid out
in MS-Excel.

They also dread getting stuff in MS-Publisher, because it never quite
seems to turn out exactly the way it did on the user's system. A
difference in printing area of a skillionth of a whillometer would see
a word flow out of a frame and cascade through the entire document -
which meant, if you weren't proofing with a hawk eye, a wasted print
run.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA