[Lias] International Computer Drivers license

Craig Warner craigw at blue.net.au
Tue May 21 23:04:04 UTC 2002

I done a little research on the International Computer Drivers License. This
qualification regardless of its merits is being pushed by both Federal and
NSW Government. When I have approached the Australian Computer Society that
licenses this product in Australia, I have found either a lack of knowledge
about Linux or a very negative approach to Linux.

Unless the linux Community meets this Challenge, Linux may face a problem of
acceptance in Australian Schools.

The International Drivers License Website

www.ecdl.com

Australian Federal Government information about the ICDL.

http://www.caudit.edu.au/caudit/information/projects/0012winship.pdf

New South Wales Government's policy about the ICDL

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/downloads/itc.pdf

Here is a link to a Syllabus (In German), which would be of assistance in
developing a ComputerBank Australia syllabus.

English Translation from German of EDCL syllabus using Google  of  this
website

http://mail.gymmelk.ac.at/~nus/informatik/ecdl/

Google Translation

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://mail.gymmelk.ac.at
/~nus/informatik/ecdl/&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522ECDL%2BLinux%2522%26start%3D10
%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF8%26oe%3DUT

Articles about people trying to use ICDL and Linux

ECDL: Enjoying computers, Discovering Linux

Various Links of interest

http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/education/2002q2/00215