[Lias] Software for Publishing School Web Sites?

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Wed May 15 12:32:05 UTC 2002

A general question to the list: I'm currently assisting a primary school in
setting up their web site on the NSW DET-provided web server. As things
stand, the only way to upload pages to that server is by FTP from within
the DET intranet, which effectively means from the school. Fair enough, as
all pages have to be approved by the school principal, anyway.

At the moment, I have set up a "staging server" outside the DET intranet
where the parents and teachers involved can upload pages to the site, and I
am considering setting up a process whereby we use wget to download the
site to a small server within the school, and then perhaps CVS to deal with
the approval process by committing changes to a repository which we then
upload to the DET server.

However, before I re-invent the wheel, how are other people dealing with
this process? And are there any neat scripts or tools already in existence
that I can purloin?

Best,

--- Les [http://www.lesbell.com.au]