[Lias] StarOffice Tutorials - slightly OT

Andrew Dorrell dorrell at research.canon.com.au
Fri Aug 3 15:24:04 UTC 2001

You may find something at openoffice.org

The non-proprietary parts of star office were released to the open
source community as openoffice.  Currently you may find that this is
more up to date than star office.

This will be an important issue for you as the interface (GUI) is being
improved a lot in the open office version.  In particular the linux
version does not have the integrated desktop - rather it uses the native
desktop (KDE of Gnome) which makes thigs much less confusing!

Checked... there's a bunch of documents at
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation.html

--
Andrew Dorrell PhD.        Research Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia     Phone: 61 2 9805 2224