[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2021 - Welcome to LCA2021!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Jan 22 10:54:30 AEDT 2021

Welcome to LCA2021! It is great to have you all coming to us from all
corners of this planet!

With the conference starting tomorrow we wanted to reach out and share
some key things before you beam into us.

## Logging On

A "Launch Conference" button will be made available through the
linux.conf.au Dashboard (https://linux.conf.au/dashboard/) from 4pm
Friday just in time for the Newcomers session. This will take you to
Venueless, our online platform for the weekend.

Registration opens from 8:30am until 5pm Saturday (AEDT UTC+11) and
8:30am every day throughout the conference.

Registered attendees would have received their boarding pass via email.
If you missed it, you can view it at via the website at
https://linux.conf.au/boardingpass.

## How do I chat to others at the conference?

There are a number of ways you can chat with your fellow attendees
during our conference.

1. You can use the Venueless chat in the Streams, Text Chat Channels and
there will also be some BigBlueButton sessions available.
2. We have IRC #linux.conf.au on freenode.net
3. We have the good ol' Chat mailing list
chat at lists.lca2021.linux.org.au (for those who checked the box in the
registration)

## Newcomer's session

If you are a first time LCA attendee (or even if you're not), feel free
to come along to the newcomer's session on Fri 22 Jan at 7pm (AEDT
UTC+11) in the Newcomers Session Channel. It is great for new people to
find out how LCA works. The Newcomers session is hosted by a star
studded line-up of Hugh Blemings, Donna Benjamin and Steve Ellis.

## What do I need to join?

As you are joining us online you will need a few things:
* An Internet Connection
* A Browser
* If you want to join in a video chat channel then you will need a
Webcam and a Mic.

Professional-level ticket holders (including main conference speakers)
will be provided with a link to head to the PDNS via the Dashboard. The
PDNS will take place on a separate platform to Venueless. There will be
prizes! And Icebergs! And did we mention Prizes?!

## Venueless housekeeping

* A Sponsors Area is available for you to access. You can talk directly
with the sponsor reps.
* The Schedule will be available in the Venueless and it will show both
the conference timezone and your timezone.
* If you would like a Video Channel or Text channel created please ping
one of the Core Team at the Rego Desk.
* A Jobs Board for the Jobs BoF is available from when you can launch
the conference.

Everything that occurs on all official platforms used during the
conference has the Code of Conduct applied. If you have any concerns, or
need to report anything, please ping a Core Team member and we will DM
you through the Venueless platform, or please contact
safety at lca2021.linux.org.au.

We are looking forward to seeing you at LCA2021 and hope you enjoy this
year's conference. If you have any questions ping us on
contact at lca2021.linux.org.au or at the Rego Desk in Venueless.