[lca-announce] LCA2013 Programme Announced; Early Bird opens 1 October

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Thu Sep 20 07:54:46 EST 2012

We like doing things just a little bit differently here, if we possibly
can. So we’ve decided to get our draft programme for LCA 2013 up early!
You can see it at http://linux.conf.au/programme/schedule. There are six
streams of talks over five days: the first two days are miniconfs, of
course, and the rest of the conference contains eighty-four talks and
six tutorials on topics ranging from software engineering to systems
administration, with all the deep technical content we know you love:
kernel talks, hardware hacking, and all that good stuff. Just one glance
at that schedule will confirm that we have a series of simply fantastic
presenters this year. It’s going to be a great conference.

Because we love our partners, we’ve also decided to release our
partners’ programme schedule early too, it’s here:
http://linux.conf.au/programme/partners. Take a moment to check it out
before early bird regos open, we’re pretty proud of it.

Of course, there are four talks we haven’t announced yet: our keynotes!
We’re really excited about our keynote speakers this year, and we’ll be
announcing them in the next few months. Watch this space!

Here at LCA 2013 HQ we’re really happy that we’ve managed to release
lots of information to you as early as possible. I’d like to quickly
give a shoutout to all the speakers, the papers committee, the ghosts of
LCAs past, and the current LCA team for helping to make it happen so
smoothly. Hopefully, having all this info helps you to decide to attend
the conference in January. Of course, if you have questions we haven’t
managed to answer, drop us a line at contact at lca2013.linux.org.au and
we’ll do our best to help you out.

Don’t forget that early bird registrations open on 1 October, which is
only a week away. The discounted tickets are strictly limited, and they
usually sell out really fast, so you’ll need to be quick to get the best
deal!

See you at the party!

The LCA2013 team.

--
Michael Still
Director linux.conf.au 2013

Canberra 28 January 2013 to 2 February 2013