[Jobs] JOB: (Sydney) Network Engineer - Corporate, Full Time
jobs at linux.org.au
Thu Nov 9 16:22:05 UTC 2006
Network Engineer - Corporate, Full Time
Google is looking for an experienced network engineer to help maintain and
expand Google's corporate network infrastructure. The ideal candidate is
team-oriented and a fast learner who combines excellent operational judgement
with network design, management, and troubleshooting skills.
1. Gathering network requirements for Google's dynamic and fast-paced environment.
2. Designing new network infrastructure to facilitate long-term growth.
3. Deploying network conectivity and hardware on a global scale.
4. Working with and/or developing network monitoring and automation tools.
5. Participating in rotating on call schedule with other members of the team.
1. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent).
2. 2-10 years of experience in supporting, implementing, and/or designing large wide area networks.
3. In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and commonly-used routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS).
4. Must have good LAN and WAN troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of network security.
5. Experience with network change management control policies.
6. Experience with Unix/Linux administration is a plus.
7. Experience with Wireless (WLAN, 802.1x) management and technologies is a plus.
8. Network certifications (or equiv. training/experience) desired but not required.
raija at google.com
Applications close: 1st December 2006
More information about the jobs