[Jobs] JOB: (Bondi Junction, NSW) Systems Developer - Search eng, Contract
jobs at linux.org.au
Mon Apr 24 15:01:02 UTC 2006
Systems Developer - Search eng, Contract
Systems Developer - Search engine. Initial contract, 6-12 months. Potential for full-time position.
Our company is seeking a Unix/Linux geek to lead the development of our Search technology for our new and exciting Web 2.0 application. The position involves the development of a search engine to be part of a larger system.
- 5+ years in Perl OR Python programming including web client software development.
- In-depth knowledge of POSIX and Perl compatible regular expressions.
- The system will be performing searches partly on MySQL databases. Knowledge of SQL querying syntax is a must.
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux. A deep understanding of file descriptors, sockets, memory usage and the subsequent effects on code performance.
- Ability to implement efficient text search algorithms or the ability to come up with your own.
'Nice to have' requirements:
- Knowledge of Perl AND Python.
- Knowledge of other programming languages, such as Ruby, C, or C++.
- Network programming (BSD sockets API, RPC and the like)
The successful candidate must be able to work closely within a team, show initiative in challenging situations and produce creative solutions in a highly dynamic environment.
Contact: For any questions, please contact Andrew Southall at andrew at tilefile.com
Applications close: 12th May 2006
More information about the jobs