[Grants] E-Textiles course - grant application decision

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Wed Sep 28 20:32:14 AEST 2022

E-Textiles course - Robyn Willison

The Linux Australia Council discussed this grant application at its meeting
on 28 September 2022.  Council members appreciated the detailed information
provided as part of the application, and saw this as an excellent example of
broadening the reach of Open Source.  Several community members also
expressed their support of the proposal.

We are happy to inform you that the grant application was approved -
congratulations!  The grant is to cover the items as laid out in the
application.

Please email the Linux Australia treasurer (treasurer at linux.org.au) to
determine how the grant funds will be paid and make the necessary
administrative arrangements.

As per the grant guidelines, Linux Australia request that you provide a
brief report about the activities funded by this grant for inclusion in our
Annual Report.  This should highlight how the funding benefitted the
community in light of Linux Australia's values[1].  We ask that this be sent
via email to council at linux.org.au by the end of November to allow sufficient
time for its incorporation into the report.  We are aware that the course
may not have run by the time this report is due.

Linux Australia requests acknowledgement of its support of the course.  This
may be through the inclusion of Linux Australia's logo on a website and
course materials, inclusion in credits, or other actions appropriate to the
project.  Please contact us if additional guidance is required.

If you have a requirement to host course materials or other resources
related to the course, Linux Australia would be happy to place these on our
mirror.  We would also love to promote the course on our communication
channels.  If either of these are of interest please get in touch.

If you have further questions feel free to contact myself or any member of
the Linux Australia Council.

Regards

Jonathan Woithe
(on behalf of the Linux Australia Council)