[Flounder] next meeting

DL Neil NZLUG at etelligence.info
Sun Apr 2 14:54:02 AEST 2023

On 02/04/2023 00.48, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Saturday, 1 April 2023 16:57:53 AEDT Andrew Pam via Flounder wrote:
>> Sure, as long as we're not distracted by the coronation of our King.
>
> Is anyone here interested in watching the coronation?  We can make it another
> day if the coronation interests people.

Hey,

I took this to be an April Fool's joke, or at least tongue-in-cheek.

Apart from the idea that British pubs will be allowed to stay open
longer over that weekend, I can't imagine that anything (of note) will
be happening in the UK, at the time FLOunder meets.

The first page of web-search hits was full of articles mentioning that
New Zealanders will not be granted an extra public-holiday to recognise
the occasion. Nothing else shouted at me or commanded my fealty.

Is there a formal schedule of events for Australians? Given that our
Saturday(s) is/are ahead of the Coronation itself, should we (instead of
FLOunder) be doing anything (official) before-hand?

Could always advertise the May meeting as a Coronation event:
- Ubuntu users crown snap over flatpak
- systemd over init
- wayland over x
- pipewire over jack (etc)